Aya Ueto urges people to see Astro Boy

Wednesday, August 19, 2009



Actress Aya Ueto, 23, showed off her dubbing skills this week when the media were invited to a studio in Azabu-judan, where she is busy providing the voice for Astro Boy in the Japanese language version of the upcoming movie, titled "ATOM" in Japan.

Ueto said that she had a lot of fun being the voice of Astro Boy but that her throat would dry up after putting her all into the role, adding that it would her most challenging dubbing voice gig yet. I can imagine..just listen to the voice in the original video. She also said: "It's a bit of a tear-jerker this one. I hope people go see it and have a cry."

I generally don't like movies that make me sad or cry, but it's supposed to be good, so I think i'll see it.

"ATOM" open in cinemas on October 10th. I hope you all go see it!

Here is the US official trailer for Astro Boy: I really don't like the commentary in the beginning, but this will have to do for now.



Here is the original Japanese animation. It's a little weird. Maybe because I'm not used to classic cartoons like this, but still very interesting.

Astro Boy (1960) - Episode 1: The Birth of Astro Boy. Enjoy!^_^



AND the modern version of the same episode. I think it's the 1st Astro Boy series created in full color:


0 comments:

Post a Comment