Liar Game - 2nd Season and Movie

Sunday, August 16, 2009



Actress Erika Toda (20) and Shota Matsuda (23) were on hand recently at an event in Tokyo announcing the silmutaneous production of the Fuji TV series drama, "Liar Game Season 2," which begins in November, and movie "Liar Game: The Final Stage," directed by Hiroaki Matsumoto and to be released on February 6, 2010.

The show gained much popularity since its start last April, moving to the prime time slot, and is not celebrating a 2nd season and plans for creation of a movie. The 2nd season will focus on the semifinals of the white-knuckle brain game, while the movie will document the final competition.

At the event, Toda was asked what she would do if she won the 5 billion yen grand price, she replied "I'd buy a house in some place like Okinawa (so would I), then save the rest," while Matsuda said, "I'd make movie theater and name if after myself. Then I'd only show movies I made."

Toda's character is a university student who plays the game to the bitter end despite being repeatedly fooled. When tested with the game at the event, she lost hands down. On the other hand, Matsuda made it to the final two, keeping up appearance for his swindler character.

I haven't yet seen the 1st season of "Liar Game," but from what I know, the first series was a nice mix of game theory, probabilty and mystery, so I'm really looking forward to see what they do in the 2nd season and movie. Toda and Shota look great together; I think I might just watch the 1st season now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment