SNSD holds special birthday Party for girl with cancer

Tuesday, August 11, 2009



SNSD helped to fulfill the wished of a girl with cancer by holding a special birthday party fo her. How sweet~ This special event was a part of SNSD's mini-album promotion for "Genie" and their 2nd time fulfilling a wish as genies.

The recipient of the 2nd wish went to Choi Hye Won, a young girl who has been battling brain cancer for the past 7 years. Her mom and dad helped organize the party for her and submitted the application for the wish to be granted.

On the 27th of July, SNSD members, Yuri, Seo Hyun, Sunny, and Hyo Yeon helped grant the wish. Hye Won, the birthday girl, loved the sea, so they arranged for her to arrive in helicopter with the 2 of the girls before landing on a ship to meet the others. The 4 SNSD girls gave her gifts like books and other things, hoping this special experience will help her recover faster or at least bring up her spirits a little bit.


Hye Won said, "It has been my dream to visit the sea with my family. I am very happy and blissful that my SNSD unnies (sisters) have granted me my wish."

Here is a video from the "Tell Me Your Wish Event"


Even though SNSD seemed to only be doing this for promotion reasons, it was very nice of them to choose this girl who deserves to have her wish come true. I think it was very sweet of them and they even planned a great and memorable day for her. Fighting Hye Won! I hope you recover soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment