Juri Ueno and the Five Bags

Saturday, September 5, 2009














Actress Juri Ueno recently promoted a series of five TV dramas she stars in where the plotline revolves around a bag. "I have great enthusiasm for these dramas as I became involved in this project at an early stage..even before shooting began," Ueno told a recent promotional event in Tokyo for the drama series named "Ueno Juri to Itsutsu no Kaban." (Ueno Juri and the Five Bags) The series will be released this Wednesday, September 9th.

PS: Believe it or not, the bag she's holding in the picture is 200million Yen. Shocked? So was I.

Ueno said the director and scriptwriters gave free rein to their imagination in writing stories based on Ueno Juri and bags. She said the stories show just what a wide range of different situations the directors could come up with just from her name and bags. "That stimulated me very much," Ueno said. She will be playing 5 different roles in 5 episodes, directed by 5 different directors, but all of them focus on the theme of bags.

Here's Ueno at the promotional event showing off some of the bags:




















You're probably thinking..a drama about a bag? I watched the trailer, and I have to say, this is much more interesting than I thought it would be. It's a very original and unique drama, which only Ueno could pull off. Plus, I love handbags! Which girl doesn't?

0 comments:

Post a Comment