My Darling is a foreigner

Tuesday, September 1, 2009


Actress Mao Inoue, 22, famous as Makino Tsukushi in “Hana yori dango,” and actor Jonathan Sherr, 35, will play husband and wife in the upcoming movie version of the popular comic book series “My Darling is a Foreigner.”

Written and illustrated by Saori Oguri, the comic books tell the tales of her life with Danish-American husband Tony Laszlo, as they encounter and overcome cultural differences and barriers. The series has sold over 2 million copies and snippets have been shown inside JR trains in Tokyo since 2007, providing comic relief for the crowds traveling to work and school and so forth.

Gomenasai I would translate but some of the text is to blurry, but doesn't it seem funny!

Filming has already begun and Inoue commented on the warm atmosphere, saying she wants it to continue right the way through. “I’ve never had a foreign boyfriend, but quite a few of my friends and relatives have,” Inoue said. “So they tell me it’s likely I will have one too! I imagine it would be fun being in an international relationship, and the small things of everyday life would be interesting.”

Inoue also commented on Sherr’s good looks, saying: “When I first met him, I thought ‘Wow! He’s cool!’”

Sherr said he couldn’t believe he was chosen for the part. “I wondered if it was OK for me to star beside such a beautiful woman.”

“My Darling is a Foreigner” will open in cinemas next spring. I can't wait to see it, I think I might purchase the comics first though.
source:cinematoday, japantoday

0 comments:

Post a Comment